Explora Easter Island
8 Days/6 Nights
From $3,589 per person
(Dbl. Occupancy, Not Incl. Airfare)
Located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, Easter Island is one of the most isolated places on Earth. At Explora Easter Island, you can enjoy the mild year-round climate and explore the mysterious ahus and moai statues that populate the island, and whose origin is still unknown. Explora’s all-inclusive program includes all meals, open bar, and your choice from a menu of daily explorations. The tour begins with two days in Santiago to experience the country’s capital city and surrounding area.
Lodging and Meals: This tour includes accommodations for 6 nights (3 nights in Santiago, and 3 nights in Easter Island), and 11 meals (6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 3 dinners).
Best Time to Go: October-April.
Day 1: Santiago.
Day 2: Santiago.
Note: Check-in time is 2:00 PM. We can request early check-in but cannot guarantee it.
Day 3: Santiago-City Tour-Winery Tour.
In the afternoon, you will visit Concha y Torro vineyard. Overnight in Santiago. (B)
Day 4: Santiago-Explora Easter Island.
Day 5: Explora Easter Island.
Day 6: Explora Easter Island.
Day 7: Explora Easter Island-Santiago.
Day 8: Santiago.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Prices & Dates
Price per Person
- The above prices are based on a Varua Room and are valid for High Season (October 1-December 21, 2019; January 3-30, 2020; and February 16-March 31, 2020).
- Call for prices during Quiet Season (May 1-September 30, 2019 and April 1-30, 2020) and Holidays Season (December 22, 2019-January 2, 2020 and January 31-February 15, 2020).
- Triple rates are based on one child 12-17 years of age sharing the room with their parents.
Daily departures throughout the year.
- South American Vacations’ expert pre-departure planning services and documentation.
- Airport/hotel transfers including baggage handling.
- Hotel accommodations including taxes and service charges.
- Excursions as indicated on the itinerary including all applicable entrance fees.
- Meals as indicated on the itinerary.
- Alcoholic beverages (except premium wines) in Explora.
- Local, English-speaking tour guides.
Price Does Not Include
- International airfare.
- Domestic airfare.
- Meals not indicated on the itinerary.
- Gratuities to tour guides, drivers, and hotel staff.
- Gifts and personal items.
- Travel insurance.
We will be happy to quote the cost of airfare and travel insurance and to make these arrangements for you.
Group Private: All transfers in Santiago are private, and the city tour and winery tour are group tours for single passengers. All services in Easter Island are in small groups (no larger than 8).
Elevations: Santiago is 1,700 feet above sea level.
Passport/Visa: U.S., Australian, Canadian, and EU citizens (except Greece) require a valid passport (for the duration of your visit) and return ticket for stays of up to 90 days. Greek citizens can stay for up to 60 days. Australian, and Canadian citizens are required to pay a reciprocity fee (considered a multiple entry visa) of $95 and $132 respectively upon arrival (subject to change without notice due to currency fluctuations or other reasons). Citizens of other countries are advised to contact the Chilean embassy in their country before traveling.
Travel Insurance: In order to protect your travel investment from unforeseen circumstances that may arise before or during your trip, we strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance. We offer Allianz Global Assistance’s Classic Comprehensive and other plans. The Benefits and Coverage Limits are summarized on our Travel Insurance page. Call your travel counselor if you have any questions or to purchase a plan.
To Book This Trip: Call or email us to confirm the availability hotels and airfare for your desired dates of travel. Once we have confirmed availability, you will need to pay a non-refundable deposit of $1,300 per person for Single Occupancy and $1,200 per person for Double/Triple Occupancy, plus the cost of the airfare (if we arrange it for you). The balance of the trip cost will be due 60 days prior to departure.