South American Vacations is a U.S.-based boutique tour operator specializing in personalized private and small group tours and cruises to South America, Central America, and Antarctica. Our tailor-made itineraries to some of the most fascinating places in the world provide you with the flexibility to travel when you want and in accordance with your interests and budget.
Why Book With Us?
- Personalized Tours. All of our tours can be personalized. You can choose your own departure date, select either private or small group tours, and can mix and match hotel accommodation levels. You can also arrange your own airfare or have us do it for you.
- Destination Expertise. The principals of the company have over 50 years of experience in the leisure and corporate travel industry selling packaged tours and cruises to destinations around the world. We carefully select our local operators to ensure that your vacation services will be delivered as promised, and that you will receive assistance while in the country if a problem arises.
- Reliability. We are licensed, insured, and active members of ATTA, IATAN, IGTOA, and the BBB of Southeast Florida (A+ Rating). We have been in business since 2002 and have many Reviews from satisfied customers.
- 1000’s of Happy Customers.
Licenses and Memberships
- State of Florida Seller of Travel License #ST35056.
- ATTA (Adventure Travel Trade Association).
- IATAN (International Airlines Travel Agent Network) #10667963.
- IGTOA (International Galapagos Tour Operator Association).
- Better Business Bureau of Southeast Florida (A+ Rating). Read our Company Report here.
- State of Florida Insurance License #E128410.
Martha B. Cohen
Martha is the co-founder of the company, and is responsible for Operations and Sales. A native of Lima, Peru, she lived in Caracas, Venezuela for ten years before moving to Miami, Florida to establish the company. Fluent in Spanish and English, she has over 25 years experience in the leisure and corporate travel industry. Her interests include travel, world history, and spending time with her family.
Alan R. Cohen
Alan is the co-founder of the company, and is responsible for Sales, Marketing, and New Product Development. Prior to founding the company, he worked in real estate mortgage finance. Originally from the Boston area, he enjoys travel, swimming, and spending time with his family. He is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts, Amherst (BFA) and Babson College (MBA).
Mary Carmen Pena
Mary works on Operations and Sales. A native of Lima, Peru, she has lived in Venezuela, Mexico, and Brazil, and now lives in Dalton, PA. Prior to joining South American Vacations, she worked in both leisure and corporate travel. A graduate of ISUM Caracas with a degree in marketing, she is fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, and English. She enjoys traveling the world (21 countries so far), and spending time with her husband.