Antarctica Express Air-Cruise
5 Days/4 Nights
From $5,395 per person
(Dbl. Occupancy, Incl. Local Airfare)
Travel from Ushuaia, Argentina, through the Beagle Channel to Cape Horn before cruising across the Drake Passage to King George Island, the largest of the South Shetland Islands. Enjoy the albatrosses, petrels, and Humpback and Minke whales on the way. Your first landing will be to visit a penguin colony. After disembarking at Fildes Bay, you will have a chance to enjoy the scenery and explore the surrounding area before returning by plane to Punta Arenas, Chile.
Lodging, Meals, and Airfare: This tour includes accommodations for 5 nights (4 nights aboard the Ocean Nova, and 1 night in Punta Arenas after the cruise), 12 meals (4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 4 dinners), and the flight from King George Island to Punta Arenas.
Best Time to Go: November-March.
Day 1: Ushuaia-Beagle Channel-Navarino Island.
Day 2: Cape Horn-Drake Passage.
Day 3: Drake Passage.
Day 4: Antarctic Convergence-South Shetland Islands.
Day 5: King George Island-Fildes Bay-Chilean Frei Base-Russian Bellinghausan Base-Punta Arenas.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Prices & Dates
Price per Person
- The above prices are valid until January 14, 2016.
- Single passengers can choose from booking a dedicated single cabin, booking a twin cabin for single use and paying a single supplement (of 85%), or sharing a twin or triple cabin with other passengers (male or female) without a supplement. In the latter option, passengers will share hotel accommodations in Punta Arenas as well.
November 29, 2015 and January 14, 2016.
- South American Vacations’ expert pre-departure planning services and documentation.
- Airport/hotel transfers in Punta, Arenas, Chile after the cruise.
- One night hotel accommodations at Hotel Cabo de Hornos after the cruise in Punta Arenas, Chile.
- Accommodations on board the M/V Ocean Nova.
- Full board on the ship including all drinks (served with lunch and dinner), and other meals as indicated on the itinerary.
- Guided shore excursions, lectures, and entertainment on board.
- Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica.
Price Does Not Include
- International airfare.
- Argentinian reciprocity fee ($160).
- Meals not indicated on the itinerary.
- Gratuities to ship crew and guides (suggested $12 per day).
- Gifts and personal items.
- Travel insurance.
We will be happy to quote the cost of airfare and travel insurance and to make these arrangements for you.
Group/Private: All services included in this tour are operated on a group basis.
Baggage Allowance: The maximum weight allowed on the flights to and from Antarctica is 20 kg (44 lbs.) per passenger, including hand luggage. Excess baggage will be kept in custody by the operator of the ship/plane at Punta Arenas and returned to passengers upon their return from Antarctica.
Flight Connections: We strongly suggest that you arrange for a flexible air ticket for your return flight to your final destination, and that you schedule this flight the day after you return from Antarctica.
Passport/Visa: For Argentina, U.S., Australian, Canadian, and EU citizens require a valid passport (for the duration of your visit) and return ticket for stays of up to 90 days. Australian and Canadian citizens are required to pay a reciprocity fee of $100 and $75 respectively (subject to change without notice due to currency fluctuations or other reasons) online, and must show proof of payment prior to arrival. The reciprocity fee for U.S. citizens has been suspended until further notice. For citizens of Australia, this fee covers unlimited entries to Argentina for 10 years, while citizens of Canada are charged the fee every time they enter the country (or $150 for multiple visits within five years). The fee can be paid online at ProvinciaNet.com.ar. You will need to register in order to make the payment. Citizens of other countries are advised to contact the embassy of Argentina in their country before traveling. For Chile U.S., Australian, Canadian, and EU citizens (except Greece) require a valid passport (for the duration of your visit) and return ticket for stays of up to 90 days. Greek citizens can stay for up to 60 days. Australian, and Canadian citizens are required to pay a reciprocity fee (considered a multiple entry visa) of $95 and $132 respectively upon arrival (subject to change without notice due to currency fluctuations or other reasons). Citizens of other countries are advised to contact the Chilean embassy in their country before traveling.
Travel Insurance: In order to protect your travel investment from unforeseen circumstances that may arise before or during your trip, we strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance. We offer Allianz Global Assistance’s Classic Comprehensive and other plans. The Benefits and Coverage Limits are summarized on our Travel Insurance page. Call your travel counselor if you have any questions or to purchase a plan.
To Book This Trip: Call or email us to confirm the availability of this ship for your desired dates of travel. The required deposit is $2,000 per person plus the cost of the airfare (if we arrange it for you). The balance of the trip cost is due 120 days prior to departure.
- Personalized Tours
- Destination Expertise
- Reliability (A+ BBB Rating)
- 1000's of Happy Customers
Want Help Planning Your Trip?
Other Tours You May Like
Antarctica Travel Info
Antarctica Travel Info