Polar Circle Air-Cruise
9 Days/8 Nights
From $15,995 per person
(Dbl. Occupancy, Incl. Local Airfare)
Starting in Punta Arenas, Chile, you will fly directly to King George Island in the South Shetlands, which avoids the rough seas of the Drake Passage. Appreciate the wildlife, glaciers, and snow covered landscapes of Antarctica. Highlights include visits to some of the most magnificent spots on the white continent including Cierva Cove, Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, Lemaire Channel, and Prospect and Fish Islands. The last part of the trip is a crossing of the Polar Circle.
Lodging, Meals, and Airfare: This tour includes accommodations for 7 nights (5 nights aboard the Ocean Nova, and 1 night in Punta Arenas before the cruise), 18 meals (6 breakfasts, 6 lunches, and 6 dinners), and the flight from King George Island to Punta Arenas.
Best Time to Go: November-March.
Day 1: Punta Arenas.
Note: Passengers should be in Punta Arenas no later than 3:00 PM local time. Pick up at Punta Arenas Airport and transfer to the hotel are not guaranteed for passengers arriving after 3:00 PM.
Day 2: Punta Arenas-King George Island (South Shetland Islands).
Day 3-8: South Shetland Islands-Antarctic Peninsula-Polar Circle-Crossing.
Day 9: Antarctic Peninsula-King George Island-Punta Arenas.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Prices & Dates
Price per Person
** The prices shown above are in U.S. Dollars. See the cost of this tour in your currency here.
- The above prices are valid until February 18, 2016.
- Single passengers can choose from booking a dedicated single cabin, booking a twin cabin for single use and paying a single supplement (of 85%), or sharing a twin or triple cabin with other passengers (male or female) without a supplement. In the latter option, passengers will share hotel accommodations in Punta Arenas as well.
January 1 and February 1 and 18, 2016.
- South American Vacations’ expert pre-departure planning services and documentation.
- Airport/hotel transfers in Punta Arenas before and after the cruise.
- One night hotel accommodations at Hotel Cabo de Hornos and an optional second night after the cruise (at no additional cost) in Punta Arenas, Chile.
- Round-trip airline ticket from Punta Arenas, Chile to Frei Station on King George Island, Antarctica.
- Welcome dinner in Punta Arenas.
- Accommodations on board the M/V Ocean Nova.
- Full board on the ship including all drinks (served with lunch and dinner), and other meals as indicated on the itinerary.
- Guided shore excursions, lectures, and entertainment on board.
- Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica.
Price Does Not Include
- International airfare.
- Meals not indicated on the itinerary.
- Gratuities to ship crew and guides (suggested $12 per day).
- Gifts and personal items.
- Travel insurance.
We will be happy to quote the cost of airfare and travel insurance and to make these arrangements for you.
Group/Private: All services included in this tour are operated on a group basis.
Baggage Allowance: The maximum weight allowed on the flights to and from Antarctica is 20 kg (44 lbs.) per passenger, including hand luggage. Excess baggage will be kept in custody by the operator of the ship/plane at Punta Arenas and returned to passengers upon their return from Antarctica.
Flight Connections: We strongly suggest that you arrange for a flexible air ticket for your return flight to your final destination, and that you schedule this flight the day after you return from Antarctica.
Passport/Visa: U.S., Australian, Canadian, and EU citizens (except Greece) require a valid passport (for the duration of your visit) and return ticket for stays of up to 90 days. Greek citizens can stay for up to 60 days. Australian, and Canadian citizens are required to pay a reciprocity fee (considered a multiple entry visa) of $95 and $132 respectively upon arrival (subject to change without notice due to currency fluctuations or other reasons). Citizens of other countries are advised to contact the Chilean embassy in their country before traveling.
Travel Insurance: In order to protect your travel investment from unforeseen circumstances that may arise before or during your trip, we strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance. We offer Allianz Global Assistance’s Classic Comprehensive and other plans. The Benefits and Coverage Limits are summarized on our Travel Insurance page. Call your travel counselor if you have any questions or to purchase a plan.
To Book This Trip: Call or email us to confirm the availability of this ship for your desired dates of travel. The required deposit is $2,000 per person plus the cost of the airfare (if we arrange it for you). The balance of the trip cost is due 120 days prior to departure.
- Personalized Tours
- Destination Expertise
- Reliability (A+ BBB Rating)
- 1000's of Happy Customers
Want Help Planning Your Trip?
Antarctica Travel Info
Antarctica Blog Posts and Travel Articles