Tucked away in a secluded corner of forest near Lago del Desierto, some 15 miles outside El Chaltén, Aguas Arriba Lodge is a refuge for those seeking silence and privacy. With its majestic views of the lake and soaring Mt. Fitz Roy, it’s one of the most exclusive destinations in Argentina’s trekking capital.
The Lodge is part of the Estancia Río de las Vueltas, a 1,700-acre property with over half a mile of shoreline and covered with hundred-year-old beeches. It’s a place of unexplored rivers, glaciers, and craggy peaks, where sounds from the forest echo across the lakeside terraces and trout jump in the fast currents. When you’re done hiking or fly-fishing, you can relax by the rustic fireplace or read quietly in the library. A true getaway in an environmentally conscious sanctuary.
- Six unique rooms
- Stunning lakeside views
- Rustic, cabin-style décor
- No TV or internet to allow to focus on the natural surroundings
- Full bath with tub and shower
- Central heating
- Gourmet restaurant serving local and international cuisine
- Free breakfast buffet
- Picnic area
- Twin observation decks overlooking the lake
- Meals included with lodging
Other Hotel in El Chalten, Argentina
Argentina Travel Guide
Top Argentina Travel Destinations