Classic Antarctica Cruise Aboard the Ushuaia
10 Days/9 Nights
From $5,460 per person
(Dbl. Occupancy, Not Incl. Airfare)
Discover the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula on this Classic Antarctica cruise. The journey’s first sightings will be of icebergs and snow-capped mountains, and as you approach land, penguin rookeries and beaches ruled by seals. Possible stops include King George Island, the site of several scientific bases, Paradise Bay, Paulet Island, which offers Adelie penguin and Blue-eyed Shag colonies, and Petermann Island for a visit to the southernmost colony of Gentoo Penguins.
Lodging and Meals: This tour includes accommodations for 10 nights (10 nights aboard the Ushuaia), and 29 meals (10 breakfasts, 9 lunches, and 10 dinners).
Best Time to Go: November-March.
Day 1: Ushuaia.
Day 2-3: Crossing the Drake Passage.
Day 4-8: Exploring the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula.
Day 9-10: At Sea Crossing the Drake Passage Northbound.
Day 11: Ushuaia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Prices & Dates
Price per Person
|Std. Plus Triple||n/a||n/a||$5,460|
|Std. Plus Twin||n/a||$7,430||n/a|
- The above prices are for the March 26, 2020 Departure. Call for prices of other Departures.
- A limited amount of twin cabins (except suites) are available for single occupancy at 1.5 times the share rate.
- Suites for single occupancy may be reserved at 2 times the share rate.
- A third birth in the Suites and Superior Cabin #301 may be occupied at 50% of the published twin share rate.
- There will be no fuel surcharge if the price of a barrel or crude oil is $100 USD or lower.
February 7 and 28; March 17 and 26, 2020.
- South American Vacations’ expert pre-departure planning services and documentation.
- Accommodations on board the M/V Ushuaia.
- All meals scheduled on board.
- Zodiac expeditions conducted by English speaking guides.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges.
- Detailed post-expedition log.
Price Does Not Include
- International airfare.
- Domestic airfare.
- Hotel nights before/after the cruise.
- Transfers to/from the vessel.
- Meals not indicated on the itinerary.
- Gratuities to ship crew and guides.
- Bar, gifts, and personal items.
- Travel insurance.
We will be happy to quote the cost of airfare and travel insurance and to make these arrangements for you.
Group/Private: All services included in this tour are operated on a group basis.
Passport/Visa: U.S., Australian, Canadian, and EU citizens require a valid passport (for the duration of your visit) and return ticket for stays of up to 90 days. Australian and Canadian citizens are required to pay a reciprocity fee of $100 and $75 respectively (subject to change without notice due to currency fluctuations or other reasons) online, and must show proof of payment prior to arrival. The reciprocity fee for U.S. citizens has been suspended until further notice. For citizens of Australia, this fee covers unlimited entries to Argentina for 10 years, while citizens of Canada are charged the fee every time they enter the country (or $150 for multiple visits within five years). The fee can be paid online at ProvinciaNet.com.ar. You will need to register in order to make the payment. Citizens of other countries are advised to contact the embassy of Argentina in their country before traveling.
Travel Insurance: In order to protect your travel investment from unforeseen circumstances that may arise before or during your trip, we strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance. We offer Allianz Global Assistance’s Classic Comprehensive and other plans. The Benefits and Coverage Limits are summarized on our Travel Insurance page. Call your travel counselor if you have any questions or to purchase a plan.
To Book This Trip: Call or email us to confirm the availability of this ship for your desired dates of travel. For reservations made more than 90 days prior to departure, the required deposit is $2,200 to $4,800 per person (depending on the cabin type), plus the cost of airfare, if we arrange it for you. The balance of the trip cost is due 90 days prior to departure.
- Personalized Tours
- Destination Expertise
- Reliability (A+ BBB Rating)
- 1000's of Happy Customers
Want Help Planning Your Trip?
Other Tours You May Like
Antarctica Travel Info
Antarctica Travel Info