Built from native materials such as palm fronds and clay and owned by the indigenous Ese-Eja tribe of Infierno, the Posada Amazonas is unlike any other hotel you’ve experienced. Its airy rooms open directly out onto the rainforest, surrounding you with the sounds and smells of the jungle even when you’re indoors, while its windowless verandah allows you to relax within touching distance of a host of wild birds, lizards, and monkeys.
Posada Amazonas is reached via a 45-minute boat ride from Puerto Maldonado. Once there, you’ll be able to venture out into the wilds of the Amazon, knowing that comfort and tranquility await you when you return. Private bathrooms, raised boardwalks, hot water, a holistic wellness center: the lodge’s beautiful design and personalized service ensure that you won’t lose touch with civilization on your excursion into the jungle.
- Single, double, and triple rooms available
- Decorations made from yanchama, a natural local bark, crafted by local artisans
- Hammocks and mosquito nets in all rooms
- Spacious private bathrooms with hot water
- Wireless internet
- Ceiling fan
- Electricity every night until 10 p.m.
- Personal safe for valuables
- Umbrellas in case of rain
- Refrigerator and mini-bar in all rooms
- 24-hour radio, internet, and satellite communication with Puerto Maldonado and Lima
- Three meals per day in lodge restaurant
- 30-meter canopy tower affording spectacular views of the standing forest
- Nearby ethno-botanical trail and working farm
- Holistic wellness center with local products from the rainforest
Tours Featuring Posada Amazonas
Other Hotels in Puerto Maldonado, Peru
Peru Travel Guide
Top Peru Travel Destinations
Arequipa & the Colca Canyon / Ica & the Nazca Lines / Iquitos & the Northern Amazon / Lima / Machu Picchu / Paracas & the Ballestas Islands / Puerto Maldonado & the Southern Amazon / Puno & Lake Titicaca / The Sacred Valley / Trujillo & Northern Peru