The Journey Between the Seas
7 Days/6 Nights
From $3,950 per person
(Dbl. Occupancy, Not Incl. Airfare)
Transit the Panama Canal and explore the Pacific and Caribbean coasts of Panama on this fascinating expedition cruise. Encounter Embera Indians in the Darien Jungle, snorkel and swim the waters of the Pearl Islands, and navigate through the Miraflores and Pedro Miguel locks on the way to the Continental Divide and Gatun Lake. Witness the abundant wildlife of Barro Colorado Island, and visit Fort San Lorenzo on the Chagres River and the historic town of Portobelo, before returning to Panama City by train.
Lodging and Meals: This tour includes accommodations for 6 nights (6 nights aboard the Discovery), and 18 meals (6 breakfasts, 6 lunches, and 6 dinners).
Best Time to Go: December-April.
Places Visited: Panama City.
Day 1: Panama City-Flamenco Marina.
Day 2: Darien Jungle.
Day 3: Pearl Islands-San Telmo and Mogo Mogo.
Day 4: Panama Canal Transit-Gatun Lake.
Day 5: Panama Canal-Barro Colorado.
Day 6: Chagres River-Fort San Lorenzo.
Day 7: Portobelo-Caribbean-Panama City.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Prices & Dates
Price per Person
|Category 1 (116 sf)||$5,925||$3,950|
|Category 2 (133 sf)||$6,075||$4,050|
- The above prices are valid until December 31, 2018.
- The March an April departures have a surcharge of $200 per person.
- Single sharing is not available.
March 31, May 29, and October 27, 2018. On April 30, June 5, and November 27, 2018 the cruise operates in reverse order.
- South American Vacations’ expert pre-departure planning services and documentation.
- For the Northbound Journey, transfers from your hotel to the Flamingo Marina and back. For the Southbound Journey, transfers from your hotel to the train station and back.
- Accommodations on board the Discovery.
- Meals as indicated on the itinerary including alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Excursions as indicated on the itinerary including all applicable entrance fees.
- Taxes and port charges.
- English-speaking crew and naturalist guides.
Price Does Not Include
- International airfare.
- International airport departure tax ($40, only if not included in the airfare).
- Hotel nights before/after the cruise.
- Meals and beverages not indicated on the itinerary.
- Gratuities to ship crew and naturalist guides (suggested $125-$150 per person).
- Gifts and personal items.
- Travel insurance.
We will be happy to quote the cost of airfare and travel insurance and to make these arrangements for you.
Group Private: All transfers and other services are operated on a group basis.
Passport/Visa: U.S., Australian, Canadian, and EU citizens require a passport valid for at least six months from date of entry and return ticket for stays of up to 90 days. Citizens of other countries are advised to contact the Panamanian embassy in their country before traveling.
Travel Insurance: In order to protect your travel investment from unforeseen circumstances that may arise before or during your trip, we strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance. We offer Allianz Global Assistance’s Classic Comprehensive and other plans. The Benefits and Coverage Limits are summarized on our Travel Insurance page. Call your travel counselor if you have any questions or to purchase a plan.
To Book This Trip: Call or email us to confirm the availability of this ship for your desired dates of travel. Once we have confirmed availability, you will need to pay a non-refundable deposit of $1,000 per person plus the cost of the international airfare (if we arrange it for you). Final payment is due 90 days prior to departure.
- Personalized Tours
- Destination Expertise
- Reliability (A+ BBB Rating)
- 1000's of Happy Customers
Want Help Planning Your Trip?
Other Tours You May Like
Panama Travel Info
Panama Blog Posts and Travel Articles