Quito and 5 Day Galapagos Safari Camp
8 Days/7 Nights
From $3,889 per person
(Dbl. Occupancy, Not Incl. Airfare)
Galapagos Safari Camp is a new way to experience the Galapagos. Similar to an African safari, guests enjoy comfortable tented accommodations in the midst of nature – in this case, the Highlands of Santa Cruz. Set on a farm that overlooks the Pacific Ocean, the camp features nine luxury tents, a lounge, dining room, infinity pool, and viewpoint. This itinerary, which is ideal for families, begins with a city tour of Quito, and allows you to explore the natural attractions of Santa Cruz Island, observe giant tortoises and other wildlife, and to visit nearby islands by boat.
Lodging and Meals: This tour includes accommodations for 7 nights (3 nights in Quito, and 4 nights at Galapagos Safari Camp), and 15 meals (7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 4 dinners).
Best Time to Go: Year-Round.
Day 1: Quito.
Day 2: City Tour of Quito-Middle of the World.
Day 3: Quito-Baltra Airport-Galapagos Safari Camp-In Search of the Giant Tortoise.
Day 4-5: Galapagos Safari Camp-Cruising to a Neighboring Island.
Day 6: Galapagos Safari Camp-Exploring the East.
Day 7: Galapagos Safari Camp-Sunrise Walk and Departure.
Day 8: Quito.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Prices & Dates
Price per Person
|Double Occupancy Tent||$5,299||$3,889||$3,519|
- The above prices are valid until December 31, 2015.
- Triple prices are based on one child under 12 sharing the tent with two adults (the child sleeps in a sofa bed).
Daily departures throughout the year.
- South American Vacations’ expert pre-departure planning services and documentation.
- Airport/hotel transfers including baggage handling in Quito.
- Airport/hotel transfers including baggage handling in Galapagos.
- Three night hotel accommodations at Patio Andaluz in Quito (or similar) including taxes and service fees.
- Four night hotel accommodations at Galapagos Safari Camp including taxes and service fees.
- Meals as indicated on the itinerary.
- Yacht excursions as indicated on the itinerary.
- Evening briefings and lectures.
- Use of snorkeling equipment and sea kayaks.
- Local, English-speaking naturalist guides.
Price Does Not Include
- International airfare.
- Quito-Galapagos-Quito-Airfare (+/-$500).
- Meals not indicated on the itinerary.
- Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee ($100/$50 Child).
- Transit control card ($20).
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Gratuities, gifts, and personal items.
- Travel insurance.
We will be happy to quote the cost of airfare and travel insurance, and to make these arrangements for you.
Group Private: All transfers in Quito are private, and the city tour of Quito and Middle of the World excursion is a group tour. In the Galapagos, all transfers are private, the land tours are private, and the yacht excursions are operated on a group basis.
Elevations: Quito is 9,350 feet above sea level.
IGTOA’S Galapagos Traveler Conservation Fund: South American Vacations is an active member of IGTOA (International Galapagos Tour Operators Association). In support of IGTOA’s Galapagos Traveler Conservation Fund, we contribute $20 for each passenger that we send to the Galapagos Islands. You’ll travel knowing that you support the lasting protection of Galapagos Islands.
Sixty percent of the funding of this program goes directly to the Charles Darwin Foundation for science, conservation, and education. Their work, carried out through the Charles Darwin Research Station and Galapagos National Park, is vital to the preservation of the islands. You can visit their web site to learn more www.darwinfoundation.org. The remainder goes toward IGTOA’s mission of creating a model of responsible and sustainable tourism.
Passport/Visa: U.S., Australian, Canadian, and EU citizens require a passport valid for at least six months from date of entry and return ticket for stays of up to 90 days. Citizens of other countries are advised to contact the Ecuadorian embassy in their country before traveling.
Travel Insurance: In order to protect your travel investment from unforeseen circumstances that may arise before or during your trip, we strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance. We offer Allianz Global Assistance’s Classic Comprehensive and other plans. The Benefits and Coverage Limits are summarized on our Travel Insurance page. Call your travel counselor if you have any questions or to purchase a plan.
To Book This Trip: Call or email us to confirm availability for your desired dates of travel. Once we have confirmed availability, you will need to make a non-refundable deposit of $1,000 per person ($1,150 for Single Passengers). The balance of the trip cost is due 60 days prior to departure.
- Personalized Tours
- Destination Expertise
- Reliability (A+ BBB Rating)
- 1000's of Happy Customers
Want Help Planning Your Trip?
Other Tours You May Like
Galapagos Travel Info
Galapagos Blog Posts and Travel Articles