Manaus and 4 Day Iberostar Grand Amazon Cruise
6 Days/5 Nights
From $1,229 per person
(Dbl. Occupancy, Not Incl. Airfare)
Travel to the Brazilian Amazon for this fascinating four day Rio Solimões cruise aboard the Iberostar Grand Amazon. Explore the Igarapés (narrow waterways) and Igapós (flooded forests) of the Manacapurú Region. Spot alligators and listen to the sounds of the rainforest during a nighttime boat ride through the Três Bocas region, and visit an indigenous community to learn about their culture and lifestyle. The last part of the cruise takes you to the Meeting of the Waters, where the Rio Negro and Rio Solimões flow side-by-side for miles before joining to form the Amazon River.
Lodging and Meals: This tour includes accommodations for 5 nights (2 nights in Manaus and 3 nights aboard the Iberostar Grand Amazon, and 11 meals (6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 3 dinners).
Best Time to Go: October-April.
Places Visited: Manaus & the Amazon.
Day 1 (Wed): Manaus.
Day 2 (Thu): Manaus-City Tour.
Note: The Amazon Theatre is closed on Sundays and Holidays.
Day 3 (Fri): Manaus-Iberostar Grand Amazon.
Day 4 (Sat): Iberostar Grand Amazon-Caboclo Visit-Manaquiri Region.
Late afternoon options include piranha fishing or a boat tour of the Manaquiri region to observe the local flora and fauna.
After dinner, spot alligators by boat, and listen to the night sounds in the Três Bocas region. Overnight aboard the ship. (B,L,D)
Day 5 (Sun): Iberostar Grand Amazon-Manacapurú Region-Lake Janauari.
After breakfast, more boat rides through the Igarapés (narrow streams) and Igapós (flooded forest) of the Manacapurú Region region, where one can observe the activities of local residents and fishermen. Another option during this time is a jungle trek.
Afternoon boat rides through Igarapés and Igapós in the region of Lake Janauari. Visit the region on a floater with the opportunity to purchase local crafts.
This evening, there will be a formal dinner at Kuarup Restaurant. Overnight aboard the ship. (B,L,D)
Day 6 (Mon): Iberostar Grand Amazon-Meeting of the Waters-Manaus.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Prices & Dates
Price per Person
- The above prices are valid until December 15, 2020.
- Children must be at least 8 years old to travel on the ship.
- Triple accommodations are not available on the ship.
- Room/cabin upgrades and additional nights in each destination are available upon request.
- Christmas Season and other High Season surcharges may apply.
Wednesday departures throughout the year.
- South American Vacations’ expert pre-departure planning services and documentation.
- Airport/hotel transfers including baggage handling.
- Hotel accommodations including taxes and service charges.
- Accommodations aboard the Iberostar Grand Amazon.
- Tourism taxes ($5/night).
- Port tax ($30).
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages during the cruise.
- Meals as indicated on the itinerary.
- Excursions as indicated on the itinerary including all applicable entrance fees.
- Local, English-speaking tour guides.
Price Does Not Include
- International airfare.
- Domestic airfare.
- Meals not indicated on the itinerary.
- Gratuities during the cruise ($18/night).
- Gifts, and personal items.
- Travel insurance.
We will be happy to quote the cost of airfare and travel insurance and to make these arrangements for you.
Group/Private: All transfers are private, and all other services are operated on a group basis.
Passport/Visa: U.S., Australian, British, and Canadian citizens require a passport valid for at least six months from date of entry, an onward or return ticket, and proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay. Citizens of other countries are advised to contact the Brazilian embassy in their country before traveling.
Travel Insurance: In order to protect your travel investment from unforeseen circumstances that may arise before or during your trip, we strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance. We offer Allianz Global Assistance’s Classic Comprehensive and other plans. The Benefits and Coverage Limits are summarized on our Travel Insurance page. Call your travel counselor if you have any questions or to purchase a plan.
To Book This Trip: We require a non-refundable deposit of $800 per person plus the cost of the international airfare (if we make the arrangements for you). The balance of the trip cost is due 60 days prior to departure.
- Personalized Tours
- Destination Expertise
- Reliability (A+ BBB Rating)
- 1000's of Happy Customers
Want Help Planning Your Trip?
Other Tours You May Like
Brazil Travel Info
Brazil Blog Posts and Travel Articles
Amazon Blog Posts and Travel Articles